Monday, May 21, 2012

Montreal, Atwater Library, May 15, 2012

 The Québec Writers Federation invited me to speak 
to them in the hallowed reading room of the 
Atwater Library on the border of Westmount.  
 Lori Schubert, the Executive Director, introduced me. 
 Everyone seemed to enjoy the evening, myself included.
 From right to left, Jennifer and Glenn Bydwell, who were 
our hosts for the week in Montréal, came to hear me.  
Carol Elkins, our daughter-in-law, also enjoyed the talk.
 I was especially pleased to meet Ann Hervey Power, 
who was a pretty little girl of three when I was 
five years old.  I hadn’t seen her for some 75 years!

A special treat for me was meeting the daughter 
of the famed H. Gordon Green, Editor of the Family 
Herald and Weekly Star, who published my first story, 
“A Sheaf Of Wheat” in 1953.
 Linda Rutenberg, the world-famous photographer who 
often visits the Old Homestead in Shigawake (see 
Linda’s corner on my website) also came with her husband.    
Afterwards, I signed a good many books...

No comments:

Post a Comment