Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Launches Blog #2 Bathurst NB

In Bathurst, New Brunswick, another splendid library, 
the Smurfit-Stone, in the Centennial building (constructed 
for the Winter Olympics less than a decade ago)...
  ...invited me to talk on Tuesday.
This library had set up a display, seen here with 
me and my grandson, James, who sold books. 
Jennifer Iannuzzelli came from Head Office in 
Cambellton to help other staff and to introduce me.
Diane Gauthier, a library clerk, was also 
instrumental in the gathering.
They set up the talk in the adjacent Council 
Chambers, where I obviously enjoyed myself.
I was interviewed for the local paper, The Northern 
Light, by a dynamic intern, Alex Vietinghoff.
After the morning launch and talk (at which we sold 
a lot of books) we were taken to lunch at an unusual
 and rather splendid café with a colourful proprietor, Lorne.









No comments:

Post a Comment