Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blackfly Gazette article about the Perth-Andover library book launch, May 22, 2014


Paul with Stephanie Kelley at the Perth-Andover library.

Stephanie Kelley moved here from Texas, and 
opened a restaurant - but let her tell us 
about this in her own words:

“I moved here from Denver in 1996, to join my family. I
n 1998 we built a neat little neighbourhood pub & restaurant
 that we ran for the next 12 years. Most local restaurants here
 in rural NB serve a very limited menu consisting of stuff 
I don't eat. You know, like poutine!

So, I was all gung ho to introduce a selection of Tex-Mex  
dishes (which I'd learned to make & love in Colorado) in addition
 to good pub fare. I created the menus, gave everything 
a tasty name and briefly described it.

Over the years, many of my customers would open the menu, 
stare at it intently, then order something that was not 
on the menu at all, in any way shape or form. 
I can only guess that they actually could not read the menu.”

Now Stephanie runs a successful local newspaper, 
the Blackfly Gazette.  Hats off to her! 
Here’s the article she wrote about the book launch.




No comments:

Post a Comment