Thursday, November 13, 2014

St. James Cathedral, Toronto, November 8, 2014

The beautiful Cathedral Church of St. James 
in Toronto hosted a most impressive display of the Chaplaincy 
Services in the Canadian Military.
This picture hung for one hundred years in the Old Homestead 
until we donated it to the Chaplain’s Memorabilia room and thence here.
The display stretched down both side aisles.
News of the Canadian win in 1900 in Paardeberg
...and the announcement of the declaration of war in 1914.
Over two hundred people attended this opening of the exhibit.
As we strolled through the exhibit, drinks and hors d’oeuvres 
were handed round and a superb trio played music.
David Appleyard gave me a splendid, though undeserved, introduction.
After which I spoke about the books in The Alford Saga 
which dealt with the chaplaincy.























1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I found your blog as I was researching the Gaspe... I lived on the Magdalen Islands for ten years, so I really have a heart for the Quebecois! I don't know if you are still blogging here, but I just wanted to encourage you and let you know I enjoyed reading about your experiences :)
    A fellow blogger,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete