Monday, June 24, 2013

Toronto Book Launch, June 7, 2013

Lynda Robinson (with her housekeeper, Gloria) gave me 
a splendid book launch for The Chaplain, Book Five of The Alford Saga, 
at her Forest Hills home in Toronto. She is the chairman of 
Sulby Hall Publishing, and Director of all AP in Ontario.

Lynda’s husband, Harry Boyd, who played pro hockey 
with me in the 50s, enjoyed the party.

 I was most honoured by the presence of Canlit’s icon, 
Douglas Gibson and his wife Jane.

So exciting to see again my old CBC friends from the 50s and 60s: 
Peter Tiedemann, Gordon Hinch, and Tom Farquharson.

Also Ann Tait, former script assistant who worked 
with us in Drama, now a film producer.

Lillian Jarvis, graceful as ever, the great friend of my first wife,
 Angela Leigh, both of them principal dancers with the 
National Ballet of Canada in the 50s.

The pollster, Derek Leebosh, son of my long-time accountant Bernie 
Leebosh and Vivian his wife, enjoyed talking to my lawyer, Rolf Piehler,
 himselfthe son of the “Great Piehler,” a wise and learned guru professor.
Rev. Randy Murray, the former incumbent at New Carlisle, came 
from his new parish in Toronto, to buy The Chaplain. He talked 
with the talented Andrew Sabiston, whom I had discovered in 
Ups 8& Downs, and who went on to act in many TV films and series 
and wrote a successful opera, Napoleon.


My lovely and most talented Russian friend, Ksenia Shubina,
 who works at Google, got time off to buy a book and join festivities. 
Our friend Marion Davidson is in the BG.

Special CBC friends, Sarah and Tom Farquharson are great 
supporters of the Saga. Tom was my favourite cameraman 
in the days of Live Television in CBC’s Golden years of the 50s 
and 60s, and Sarah worked for years in the Design Department.



No comments:

Post a Comment