Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Trinity Memorial Church, Montreal, May 26, 2013

On Trinity Sunday, I preached from the pulpit in 
Trinity Memorial Church, founded by 
my uncle, Col. the Ven. John M Almond, 
subject of The Pilgrim, and The Chaplain.
I had been invited by the incumbent, the Rev. Joyce Sanchez.

I first tried out the pulpit, where my Uncle Jack 
himself would preach...

... and looked out at the magnificent church.


I was in for a sumptuous treat, for the service was one of the 
most enjoyable and uplifting I have ever attended, made 
spectacular by a great choir and the magnificent Cassavant,
  played to perfection.
 
After the service, we had a reception, and I signed The Chaplain, 
especially for the brilliant choirmaster, Brian.




Andrea Hazelwood helped me with The Chaplain.
I met another author, Russel Brooks.
 


Like Maureen Odude, and Sylvia Braithwaite, most of the 
parishioners have been attending for over thirty years.





















Frank Dottin has actually attended for fifty years.  
My Uncle would have been so proud of him.










1 comment:

  1. It was great to have you back at Trinity in May 2014 too!
    Nancy Greene-Gregoire

    ReplyDelete