Friday, May 23, 2014

Canadian Forces Base at Borden, Ontario, May 8, 2014

Borden

 
 
 
We were met at the gate of the Canadian Forces Base at 
Camp Borden, Ontario...
...by Lt Commander the Rev Jennifer Gosse.  My Toronto hostess, 
Lynda Robinson, with her husband, drove me there.
I had come to present the original Communion kit 
carried by my Uncle Jack in World War I.
A beautiful program was designed and printed
...on whose back cover was copied the painting of communion 
for the troops of World War I, which hangs outside 
my bedroom door at the Old Homestead.
Before the ceremony, we had coffee with the chaplains, 
known as Padres, who serve under Maj. the Rev Michael Allen, 
head Padre of the base.
My guide during the whole day was Capt the Rev Daniel Forget, 
who videoed my presentation and also my talk to some two to three
 hundred troops in the great cinema they have.
A small but prestigious crowd attended the presentation.
LCol the Revd Paul Acton, Commandant of the Canadian Forces 
Chaplain School and Centre, gave a very graceful
 thank you speech after my presentation.
A portrait of Col the Ven John M. Almond, CMG accompanied the exhibit.
The small sterling silver set is quite a jewel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment