Monday, May 12, 2014

Party at Lynda Robinson's, North Toronto, May 6, 2014

My charming and high-powered hostess Lynda Robinson, 
one of the senior execs of Advance Placement (in schools) 
for Canada, threw me a delightful book launch for THE GUNNER... 
.with her husband, Harry Boyd, a great hockey player, 
with whom I played professionally in the early 50s.
My talk was enjoyed by all…
except for “fiddy” Glen Fiddich, who slept through the whole thing.
The event raised money for PAL, the Performing Arts Lodge, 
whose national director, Adrian Luces, is seen here with 
my dearest god-daughter, Cassie Scott.
Afterwards, a select few stayed to feast on the splendid chili 
prepared by Lynda from my wife, Joan’s, recipe. With me 
are James Weyman, Manager of Business Development 
at the Ontario Media Development Corporation which 
gives money to books, films, and so on, Dave Appleyard, 
who organised the St Clements talk on Sunday, 
and Sarah and Tom Farqharson, the finest cameraman 
of his day at CBC and who worked with me on many dramas.
We all had a great time.











No comments:

Post a Comment