Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Trinity Memorial Church, Montreal, May 11, 2014

On Sunday, I preached in Trinity Memorial church 
on Sherbrooke Street in Notre Dame de Grace
...founded by my Uncle Jack, the subject of The Pilgrim,
 and The Chaplain.
I was invited by the warm and very humanitarian rector,
 the Rev Joyce Sanchez.
With my publisher, I donated 50% of all proceeds to the church. 
René Sanchez’s sold the books, and Christopher Grocholski’s 
remarkable choir sung the Eucharist, which often moved me to tears.
I was enormously helped by my old friend Jay Iversen, 
whose grandfather, John Molson, gave the great Cassavant 
organ back in the early 30s.
The Rector asked me to robe for the service, 
so I asked Jay to take my picture.
Afterwards, a goodly number of parishioners bought books,
 to help their church.




















No comments:

Post a Comment